Friday, September 10, 2010

Turn the Lights Up

Earlier this week I recognized the need to fill up the walls in our apartment with art, but I didn't even mention our need for light! The pictures from our living room prove it. As Fall comes upon us this is becoming more and more apparent. Now that we have some of the basics like our couch and dining room table, it is time to add some "jewelry" to our place. Adding some light fixtures is not only practical, it's a way to add loads of glamour! Here are some of my top choices!


To quote Rachel Zoe, the Glass Link Chandelier from West Elm is "Bananas"! This totally beats the blah pendant fixtures that are currently in our apartment. I kinda have to have it.

Here she is again! {P.S. Love the rug too!}

At only $99, the Harper Pendant Chandelier from Pottery Barn would be perfect for a small entryway, bathroom or bedroom. Love the crystals.


Circa Lighting's Quatrefoil Floor Lamp reminds me of the shapes in Van Cleef & Arpels

I first saw the Cleo Table Lamp when designing my living room on Olioboard this Spring. The version I saw had a solid wood base. This metallic version is even better!

Restoration Hardware's Telescoping Tripod Lamp is another great gold floor lamp option.

A nod to nature with Z Gallerie's Twig Lamp Collection

Crate and Barrel's Marlene Table Lamp would be great next to my bed!

Lighting is definitely making its way onto the apartment to-do list! Now if I could only get rid of the nasty track lighting in our rental ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...