Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our living/dining room 1.5 months later

Here is our place a month and a half after moving in. Not bad, right? It is slowly but surly filling up. But, I'll take my time. It's my goal to only bring items into the place that we love - let's see how that goes!

The sofa is from Walter E. Smithe. I probably spent too much money on it. I had dreams of a blue velvet couch ever since I tore an ad out of Domino as inspiration - dream come true.

I picked up the Jill Rosenwald rug from CSN for just over $200 and have received tons of compliments on it.

The coffee table made the 2-block move from my last apartment. It was purchased off of Craigslist for $50. When we bought it, the base was painted to look like green marble; it was awful. Nate and I picked up some flat black paint to give it a wrought iron look.

The dresser is hiding CDs, wires, movies, Nate's Playstation and the modem. Another Craiglsist find that only set us back $60.

We clearly need to fill the walls. I'd love to have a gallery wall at some point.

Still loving our dining set. Hope to find some great fabric for the chairs soon.


That's it for now! It's a work-in-progress and hopefully I'll have some updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...