Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Perfect Weekend: ... continues with Saturday's simple pleasures

Per usual, Saturday morning began by heading to Equinox for Allison English's Forrest Yoga class. This weekend was the last time she will be teaching yoga on the weekends until the New Year; I was so happy I got out myself out of bed to go. After an hour and a half of handstands and stretching, I was feeling good. Following yoga, Nate and I walked Phoebe to the Green City Farmer's Market where we treated ourselves to apple-cider zeppoles (aka donuts) from the Zullo's stand. Amazing!


By now I was getting a little sleepy and suggested we grab some coffee. We took the dog home and headed to our favorite cafe, Third Coast, for a cappuccino. I think it was then that I first mentioned how perfect the day was so far.


During our coffee break, Nate spilled the beans and told me that he was taking me to The Chopping Block for the "Big Easy" New Orleans cooking class. I was so excited and wanted to go home and take a nap before our class. Another great addition to an already great day. But, it didn't stop there.

On our way home from coffee, Nate became very insistent on going to West Elm in order to purchase the West Elm Parson's desk I so desired. As tired as I was, I hopped in the car and went with him to pick it up. He put it together and cleaned the apartment while I prepared for another night of cooking by taking a quick nap.


I am so happy we got the yellow desk! After a little accessorizing, a desk chair and some art work, our office area will look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...