Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jason Fricke's Ballet Dancers

As you can see from my last post, our walls are pretty much bare. Ironically enough, Nate and I went to the Lake Forest Art Fair with my family and walked away with nothing. I'm very non-committal with art and second guess whether I will still love a piece in 5, 10, maybe 20 years. However, since seeing Jason Fricke's pieces on Sunday, I'm ready to purchase one (or two) of his ballet drawings. All of his dancers are drawn live during performances and rehearsals.

Framing is available in the 3" gold frames pictured above. I love the contrast of these thick, bold frames next to the simplicity of his drawings. Perfect match in my book.



Jason also draws musicians. After picking up a ballet dancer, I may opt for one of these as well. I think I like this one (above) the best.


I find his pieces to be very versatile. While they will most likely start out in our living room, they could easily migrate to a bedroom, dining room or bathroom one day. Jason is next in Chicago on December 2nd which happens to be the day after my 27th birthday. I may have to buy myself a little birthday present this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...