Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Perfect Weekend: ... brings tears of joy

After a sad attempt at a nap, I woke up and got ready for our night at The Chopping Block. We took the dog on a walk and picked up a coffee at Third Coast. Again, sad attempt for a nap! After getting our caffeine fix, Nate and I walk down State Parkway and paused in front of the house I grew up in. It is there where Nate (with Phoebe beside him) asked me to marry him. I can't remember whether or not I actually said yes out loud. I just remember the both of us tearing up. I never wanted some grandiose proposal just something with meaning. It was perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way!


As a newly engaged couple, Nate and I hurried off to The Chopping Block to cook New Orleans style cuisine. We started with an amazing Crab Cake and Lemony Tarter Sauce recipe; I promise I will post this soon. It is so easy and so delicious; I will make it again.


We then moved onto Blackened Chicken and Dirty Rice and Beans. We finished the meal off with a Bananas Foster Bread Pudding. Awesome. We didn't have time to eat there and had to take the food home with us.


We rushed out the door to meet my dad and sister at our apartment for a celebratory drink. Or so I thought!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...