Dearest Sister, You'll Need:
- One shallot
- One clove of garlic
- 6-8 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (tried to limit this as much as possible, but what's a cream sauce without it)
- Approximately 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One package spinach linguine (I like Trader Joe's)
- White wine (I used the Pancake Cellars White Wine - just $5 and a cute bottle)
- 1/2 cup of half & half
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Start to boil a large pot of water to cook the pasta in
- White waiting for the pasta to boil:
- Chop the shallot and add to a hot pan with olive oil and butter
- Slice mushrooms and garlic
- Once the shallots are translucent (couple of minutes), add mushrooms and garlic to pan. Cover and cook over med-low heat for 5-10 minutes (until mushrooms are cooked through).
- After mushrooms are cooked and pasta water has come to a boil, salt the pasta water and add the linguine.
- While the pasta is cooking, finish the sauce:
- Turn the pan up to high and add a healthy splash of white wine (if I had to guess, a 1/4 cup)
- After the wine has evaporate, add half and half
- Allow sauce to thicken for a couple of minutes and add a few table spoons of Parmesan cheese and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Drain noodles and combine with sauce and frozen peas. Mix thoroughly until peas have defrosted.
- Makes 2 (really healthy) - 3 servings
Pour yourself a nice glass of leftover wine and bon appetite! To set this recipe over the top, you can always add a few slices of sliced prosciutto.
I made this last night and wish I toke pictures! Regan, you'll have to take a picture for me when you make it tomorrow.