Thursday, September 2, 2010

In need of a good read.

For several years, I've wanted to start a book club. I love to read and lately have found it difficult to pick up a good book. Peer motivation, cocktails and yummy appetizers might be the remedy.

Just this Sunday, my sister told me that a large group of her girlfriends are going to start a book club on Wednesday nights. I was jealous. They've lived downtown for about a month and already have their act together! I've been invited by my sister to be a part of their club. But instead, I'm more determined to get a group of my own girlfriends together!

While the inaugural book for their club is Super Freakenomics, I think I'll begin with some good old chick lit. Baby steps (eventually, I'd like to add in something with more substance). Any suggestions? The last book I read was One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell and I think I'd be looking for something similar this go around!

1 comment:

  1. haha that's funny because this is one of the books I actually wanted to read but just let everyone else choose!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...