- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice peppers & mince one clove of garlic
- Place chicken in a pyrex dish, pour broth/stock over chicken until it is approx. 1/2 inch deep on the bottom of the pan. Brush chicken with olive oil, season with salt & pepper and bake for approx. 45-50 min. Adding the chicken broth makes the chicken SO juicy!
- 30 minutes after the chicken has been baking ...
- Check on the chicken and add more broth if needed. Squeeze fresh lemon over chicken and return to oven.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil on the stove and saute peppers for 5-10 min.
- Add garlic, olives (including a little bit of the juice), approx. 1/4 cup of chicken broth and fresh lemon juice to pepper mixture and continue to cook. Liquid will begin to thicken as mixture continues to cook. Add more broth as desired.
- A few minutes before the chicken is done, turn the oven to broil to crisp the skin.
- Add chicken to pan with pepper mixture and serve!
- P.S. Sometimes I add red potatoes to the baking chicken if I'm not making a side!
Enjoy and leave a comment if you have any questions!