To make it, you'll need:
- One tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon (was able to squeeze this out of one lemon)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 3 large red grapefruit
- Place lemon juice, mustard and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk until the vinaigrette is emulsified, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit and skin. Dunk each half into the dressing to prevent the avocado from browning.
- Peel the grapefruits, making sure to remove all the white pith and cut between the membranes of the grapefruit to remove the segments
- Slice the avocados into wedges
- Arrange the avocados and grapefruit segments on 4-6 plates. Spoon the vinaigrette on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Voila - it's beautiful, tasty and a great way to add dimension to any meal!