Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Home Behind Cupcakes & Cashmere

Lifestyle blogger Emily Schuman wows me with her amazing, one-of-a-kind wardrobe and mouthwatering dessert recipes {I swear this girl has given me a sweet tooth}. Her blog Cupcakes and Cashmere is one of my daily must-reads. Just yesterday she posted that her home was featured on Apartment Therapy. Emily had shared bits and pieces of her home on her blog, but nothing to the magnitude of her Apartment Therapy feature. A few things I'm eyeing ...






First, her super girlie office. She posted about her pale pink walls when she first moved-in and I became instantly jealous. Apparently, the older I get, the girlier I get. Doesn't hurt that is furnished with thick gold frames, lucite, an adorable settee and a clothing rack. I want it ... please.



I'm also in love with this reclaimed wood dining room table that truly captures the rawness of the wood. Emily and her fiance picked the wood out themselves and had the table made. One of my best friends is currently in the market for a farmhouse dining table, but I would urge her to do what Emily did. It has so much character and is just so darn cool.


Also jealous of her closet. Not sure if it is because she a) has a window in her closet b) has a fabulous yellow chair c) owns a ridiculous shoe collection. Take. your. pick.

The rest of Emily's home is filled with charming details as well from dog statues and chalkboards to bowls filled with vintage jewelry and a bar cart. In short, the girl has got some style. But we all knew that anyway!










The reason why I love Emily's apartment is that it is so unique. She mixes modern with vintage in a very approachable way, which is something I'm aiming to do in my home. Nothing is boring and everything lends to conversation. She seems to not care what others think and loves to break conventional rules. Love it.

1 comment:

  1. So funny...I wrote about this same thing today! Isn't Emily's apartment beautiful? The architectural details in her home are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...