Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bench Me

I'm on a bench mission. I'm convinced that our living room will be elevated with the company of vibrant, floral bench. Right now, the "extra" seating is one of our dining room chairs and it does absolutely nothing for our living room (other than function that is). I want to find a vintage bench and recover it in an amazing textile. Preferably floral and pink. I love me a little DIY project ...

Carlee from Deliciously Organized has recovered this bench a few times ... the fabric is so sweet

Shannon of Pink Wallpaper took two hideous orange stools and transformed them into these beauties. Clearly she's a pro ... piping and tufting!

I've shared this picture before ... 

While I love the blue velvet sofa and the beige tufted chair, they both feel very neutral to me. A bright bench opposite the chair will add just the zhush this living room needs. Oh and some artwork over the sofa would help too!

{sources: Deliciously Organized, Pink Wallpaper}

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea. It'll be gorgeous in your living room

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the idea of a bench! v comfy and versitle. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am on a bench mission! Want one for the foot of my bed, and maybe also for the entranceway so you can sit down and take off your boots. Please post your findings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your living room and your dog is adorable! I think a floral bench would look great in there too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...