To make it, you'll need:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 leek chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 10 oz. bag of frozen sweet/spring peas
- Creme fraiche (1/4 cup for soup and extra for garnish)
- Chives for garnish
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a pot, add leeks, onions and salt/pepper as desired. Saute for 10 minutes, adding garlic halfway.
- Add broth to pot and heat for a few minutes. Once broth is warm, pour in the frozen peas and cook for three minutes.
- Stir chopped mint into soup
- Blend soup thoroughly adding 1/4 cup of creme fraiche (I also added some ricotta I had leftover).
- Melt an additional tablespoon of butter in the pot and return mixture to the pot. Stir throughly. Allow soup to cool.
- Serve soup cold or re-heat
- Top soup with a dollop of creme fraiche and chopped chives.
Some additional soups I'm dying to try:
I love oysters and this looks SO yummy. Might need some lessons in schucking oysters.
My friend has made this a couple of times and raves about it. Looks like a great hearty soup for Fall.
I'm not a fan of clam chowder but this picture looks like I could become one in the near future!