Friday, February 24, 2012

A Tale of Tiburon

It's been two weeks since I returned from exploring Northern California ... Napa, Tiburon and San Fran to be exact. I plan on posting my review of some new wineries I visited. But, until then I'll share with you my experience in Tiburon, a quaint town near the northern base of the Golden Gate Bridge.



Remember this fabulous view I posted not too long ago? It was from the Water's Edge Hotel in Tiburon, a mix between a boutique hotel and B&B. Next door to the hotel is a ferry service that will take you to Angel Island or San Francisco {only a 25 min. ferry ride}.



Nate and I enjoyed fabulous views from our room and deck of the marina, San Francisco skyline and beautiful Angel Island. We were treated to in-room breakfast and evening wine and cheese. The hotel was rustic, simple and clean marrying natural woods, modern linens and furniture and wood burning fireplaces.

The outdated {although clean} bathroom, terrible hair dryer and fake orchid {I despise fake flowers ... realize I have issues} left a few things to be desired, but overall we had an absolutely lovely experience.

Highly recommended for a romantic weekend! I did not have that luxury as Nate was working, so I spent the day reading on the peaceful roof deck {not too shabby}!







I spent a few hours strolling through the shops in town {the town is really tiny} and stumbled upon Christopher Home & Salon. The home store caught my attention with its natural, rustic and vintage selections - beautiful shells and coral, horn flatware, vintage plates from the navy, lovely candles, ginger jars. In short, it was just dreamy. Attached to the store is a salon that is just as beautiful. Sigh, I wanted everything at Christopher Home & Salon.








Tiburon feels like one of the best kept secrets. Go enjoy the beautiful scenario, pretty shops and fabulous seafood!

2 comments:

  1. I want to go back to Northern CA so bad! This place looks awesome and so relaxing, and of course love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...