Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sunday's Crostini: Breakfast

Ah crunchy and crusty bread ... you're nuts if you don't love it! Sunday morning I picked up a fresh ciabatta loaf and ricotta cheese with crostini on my mind. I chose ricotta for its versatility, knowing that I wanted to make a variety of different toppings to serve up throughout the day. Nate and I succeeded in having crostini for ALL three meals and I'm here to share our variations. First up is breakfast!

To Make the Crostini:
  • Brush sliced ciabatta loaf with olive oil
  • Grill for 1-2 min each side over medium/high heat. All grills are different so make sure to monitor your toast! You're looking for golden grill marks and not burnt edges!

Served alongside crunchy, red grapes!


Toppings:
  • Ricotta
  • Walnuts
  • Honey
  • Bananas and/or Pear

Assemble:
  • Cover each toast with a thin layer of ricotta
  • Add sliced banana, pear or combination and sprinkle with chopped walnuts
  • Drizzle honey over top
Other toppings you could add: raisins, cinnamon, oats ...


I brought this version to book club the following night as a sweet treat! Check back later for my lunch and dinner versions ...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...