Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Best Corn Salad

Earlier this week my mom gave me some fresh farmer's market corn to take home. Corn is in season right now and I knew just what to make for dinner that night - my favorite corn salad. Last summer, I tried Amagansett Corn Salad courtesy of Food 52 and was pleasantly surprised that raw corn could taste so good. The recipe calls for -
  • Raw Corn
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Red Onion
  • Sugar Snap Peas - Optional
  • Basil or Parsley - Optional
  • Salt and Pepper
I'm really not one to follow recipes and pay no attention to the amount of ingredients I'm adding to the salad; it really is whatever looks good to me at the time. I don't think the sugar snap peas and basil are optional and I steer clear of the raw red onions. And to top it off, I add a little bit of good olive oil. Other than my few tweaks this recipe is amazing and has got me hooked on raw corn. I may have to make it again for our upcoming trip to Ravinia later this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...