Monday, December 19, 2011

Wedding Planning: This & That

Before, I post any wedding weekend pictures, I wanted to share a little more of our planning and inspiration. I've blogged about the suits and dresses from J. Crew that we had to have, but here is how it all started to come together (and it includes a sketch of my dress)!


A few more details:


Nate and I hired Ellie from Hello Tenfold to custom design our invites. This is the image from her website; we actually went with a blush colored liner in the same pattern as the above. Our goal was to keep the invitation a combination of rustic, romantic and slightly modern. With a destination wedding, we had so much extra information to capture and Ellie did a great job of fitting EVERYTHING onto the RSVP.



The hardest part about planning a destination wedding, is not the wedding itself ... it's planning all of the events leading up to the big day. With guests flying in from all over we found ourselves planning a Welcome Event in addition to the Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding.

However, the biggest undertaking was a bunch of Wine Tours Nate & I put together for our guests to experience Napa Valley. In addition to setting all of the appointments and coordinating transportation, Nate and I created the above website where guests could chose and sign-up for the tour of their choice. We had 5 different tours on a Saturday during Harvest and were able to lock down the best wineries for our guests ... hence my disappearance from the blogosphere!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...