Monday, May 9, 2011

Makeover Monday l Hide & Seek

Albeit not the most fun, the first step to making my sister's place more grown up is the most critical. I'm calling it "hide & seek". Hide all of eyesores you don't want company to see. Seek out hidden treasures to play up or items that can be reused/redone/etc. Simple as that ... for now.

Regan even said it herself ... those cords need to be hidden! Lucky girl, as I believe Nate and I have some spare materials hanging around our apartment. I also think a bed skirt would go a long way in making her under the bed storage disappear. It's my understanding that she has one in her closet and it is time to bring it out.

In a studio, less is more and it is important to make sure you LOVE everything. Regan's apartment has a lot of "extras" that aren't helping her apartment feel very young professional - too many picture frames, a painted mail holder from our childhood bedrooms, boring kitchen towels and tons much jewelry on display. I bet if she narrows down the amount of items on display, her apartment will instantly grow up a few years! 

My favorite hidden treasure of Regan's is her green and gold vintage stemware. It is way too pretty to be hiding in a cabinet; we must find a place to showcase this in her apartment. She also has a glass-top side table that can be instantly updated by removing my mother's pink/yellow table cloth and replacing it with an inexpensive piece of remnant fabric.

Other great pieces include a mustard colored nightstand that is currently hidden by the jewelry/head bands that sit on top of it and a photograph of Cinque Terre purchased at the art fair. Do you spy any great additional pieces from the pictures above? I bet the "seek" phase will be revisited again ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...